International Joint Education
The international joint education program has now run for three years and has demonstrated considerable progress in fostering research and educational exchanges between various Kyoto University institutions and partners in Southeast Asia.
In 2013, Kyoto University ratified memoranda of understanding (MOU) with a number of participating institutions in Southeast Asia acknowledging credits taken overseas. This was followed by creating a program which allowed for short stay exchange students to come over the Japan for three months and for special auditing students, six months. Students take courses in English, participate in their professor’s seminars and work on their research topics.
- Short Stay：Six masters students were accepted from Hue Science University, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Bandung Institute of Technology (two) and Bogor Agricultural University (two). Lists »
- Short Visit：10 masters students have also been sent to the following universities: Kasetsart University, Mahidol University, Da Nang University (Vietnam), University of Technology, Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Hue Science University, Bogor Agricultural University, Royal University of Agriculture (RUA).
- Application：Details »
In 2012 Under the auspices of a JASSO exchange program (short stay and short visit), 11 students traveled to study in Japan and 7 were were sent out.
- Short Stay：The following institutions sent students:Royal University of Agriculture (RUA), Cambodia, Bandung Institute of Technology, Surabaya Institut Teknologi, Bogor Agricultural University, Hue Science University, Nha Trang University (Vietnam). Lists »
- Short Visit：7 students were sent to the following institutions: Da Nang University (Vietnam), Hue Science University, Royal University of Agriculture (RUA) Cambodia, Bogor Agricultural University, Khon Kaen University (Thailand). Lists »
In order to facilitate the smooth exchange of students MOUs were signed between Hue Science University (Vietnam) and Graduate School of Global Environment Studies, Kyoto University as well as the Graduate School of Asian and African Studies, Kyoto University.
- Short Stay： Masters students and young researchers from Hue Science University (Vietnam), Bogor Agricultural University (Indonesia), Bandung Institute of Technology (Indonesia), Universitas Padjadjaran (Indonesia) came ad stayed in Kyoto and studied at the Graduate School of Global Environment Studies, Kyoto University, the Graduate School of Agriculture, and the Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS). Lists »
- Short Visit：
Fellowships, Call for Papers